It’s a fact that buildings count for the major share of global energy use. Precisely for this reason, designing them in a way which reduces fuel bills, enhancing energy security and encouraging a low carbon world is imperative these days. These energy efficiency techniques usually include optimising the volume of air and the amount of natural light that flows in and out of a building. It also includes locking in the air during winter through air tightness and insulation. Precisely for this reason, more and more homeowners are opting for low energy dwellings in Perth because people are much more environment conscious these days.
Some key facts that you need to know:
• Buildings account for nearly 30% of global CO2 emissions.
• Good house designs can cut out almost two-thirds of CO2 emissions and energy bills.
• By incorporating renewable energy, buildings produce no net CO2.
People spend nearly 80% of their time indoors whether it’s at work, home or school. Low energy dwellings ensure low humidity, moderate temperatures and much-increased air quality. But optimising energy ratings in Perth for your house can have several other benefits as well. These benefits usually include:-
• Improve indoor comfort: Model energy efficient buildings control the flow of heat, air and moisture through proper ventilation and high-efficiency furnaces.
• Save money on energy bills: Needless to say, improving your home’s energy efficiency will save you a lot of money.
• Breathe healthy and fresh air: Think of all the fish tanks, kettles and also people who emit moisture into the air. In addition to this, your microwaves, printers, photocopies and even carpets contribute a lot in polluting indoor areas of your house or office. Sing mechanical ventilation will ensure that the polluted air within the building is continuously refreshed with outside air.
• Reduce moisture issues: It’s a fact that every day, nearly 8-60 litres of moisture are released inside a house, and humidity levels over 40% can cause problems. In low energy dwellings, there is a perfect balance between minimising air leaks and appropriate ventilation which can help prevent these problems from arising.
• Increased resale value: Compared to conventional homes, energy efficient ones have a much longer lifespan, have a low maintenance cost operating expenses are hugely inexpensive. Precisely for this reason, they will fetch a much higher value than conventional homes at the time of reselling.
So, the fact can’t be denied that energy efficient homes are the need of the hour. Not only is it easy on the environment but also on your pockets as well.